Saturday, March 5, 2011

Moving, an answer to prayer?

I've been praying for years that the Lord would bring order and organization to my home.  As I do what is necessary to move overseas, I find that I am forced to go through all the stuff that we've accumulated over the past 16 years.  We've been purging, purging, purging.  It's freeing getting rid of stuff that doesn't mean anything to us but is just taking up space.  It's so easy to avoid it when you have a large home with lots of storage.  We'll be going from a 6 bedroom, 3300 sq. ft. home here to a 3-4 bedroom home with 1350-1500 square feet in Guam.  You have to be very choosy when deciding what to take to a place that size.  I can't help but wonder if this is God's answer--I hope and pray that He will use this move to bring that order and organization that I crave and that living in a very small home will force all of us to be more diligent about keeping things in order and getting rid of clutter regularly.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea, this is an awesome blog. Your writing is so engaging. I'm sure this will be an amazing way to communicate with family and friends during your adventure. Maybe someday, you can even condense it all into a memoir. How cool would that be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem with the apartment of Marseille, I can understand!!! Good luck...We 'll live the same problen in the same time!!

    ReplyDelete