Monday, May 30, 2011

Micronesia Mall

     Our friend Corinna came by on Friday to pick us up and show us around.  First, we headed to Cost U Less, a warehouse store like Sam's or BJ's.  I was pleased to see they carried a lot of the same products that I buy at home.  Of course, everything cost about 25% more, but at least there's no annual fee.  Then we got to see the University of Guam campus while she dropped off paperwork.  I asked her lots of questions and took some notes.  We experienced our first jug handle, as turning left on Rte. 4 was not allowed.  What a weird experience! 
     We passed by Agana shopping center and Yogurtland, which would soon become one of our favorite places to stop for a treat (and definitely the most affordable).  Then we headed to Micronesia Mall.  We parked in the garage and entered at the food court, which had the usual offerings--Sbarro, Subway, Burger King--and more Asian fast food places than I had ever seen in one place.  How would we know which one to try?  We saw an area that looked like a video arcade and entered to find bumper cars, kiddie rides, and even an indoor roller coaster with tracks way up in the air.  The kids thought that was too cool!  It even went through a tunnel.  They talked me into letting them ride it, so I bought the tickets only to learn that Sarah Kate was too small to ride without an adult.  Since I didn't want to feel sick the rest of the afternoon, Corinna agreed to ride with them.  They loved it!  I was really glad I didn't ride after hearing Luke complain of his neck hurting afterwards. 
     We grabbed a bite to eat before heading out.  Didn't get to see any more of the mall, but I did learn we'd find two Macy's there, one for men and kids and one for ladies and housewares, as well as a Payless Supermarket, my best bet for organic offerings on Guam.  Thank you, Miss Corinna, for showing us around!  My kids love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment